Track my weightloss with me!!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Life Gets In The Way...

Well, it seems right when everything is going oh so well, that thing called life gets in the way! Too many things on my plate, too many events and WAY too much food! And no logging! I have't really exercised for about 2-3 weeks until today.. I finally went! Yeah!  There is a lady at my church who generously volunteers one hour of her time one day a week to give us a work out using Kettlebells.. Those Kettlebells kick your butt!  I am so glad I went! I realized I actually miss it! Exercise is a way for me to relieve stress. It helps regulate my sleep habits and lets me get all that "stinkin' thinkin'" out of my head.. 
I just need to exercise EVERYDAY.. even if it is only for 30 minutes. As most  moms do, I tend to put myself way down the list..  I can see a huge difference in the way I care for my family when I don't put myself first. It's hard to rationalize at first, but really, I am a better wife and mom, when I take care of myself first. The house , the husband and my kids can wait for just a bit..

For this mom is putting herself first! You should too Dads!

P.S. For the record, I'm still under 200 pounds!!

2 comments:

  1. Kettle Ball is SUCH an awesome, kick-your-butt work-out! I myself won't be enjoying that one anytime soon, but I remember the sore butt and abs I woke up with after the first time I tried it!

    Thanks for your comment on my blog, and I CAN'T BELIEVE I referenced my blog in a talk; HOW LAME! Very kind of you to drop by in spite of that though! That must have been awhile ago; I avoid speaking AT ALL COSTS! Are you still in this area?

    Best of luck to you on your weight loss journey. I agree COMPLETELY that exercise is a great stress reliever, and that putting yourself (as the mom) higher on the priority list is an investment worth making! We really are better able to give our best selves to our families when we're taking care our health and well-being first. I firmly believe that!

    Good luck to you, Dianna! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, I am actually in the Antelope Stake now.. I belong to the antelope 2nd Ward. My mom( not a member) lives in the Mission Oak boundries, so I'm over that way a lot though..

    ReplyDelete